This is an application for remote servers monitoring. It is just like another Cacti, but rather simplified and with files backup, and few more extra functions. Data is collected from servers using SNMP protocol. Besides default SNMP MIB objects, there is a custom scripting used to collect other data, which is not in MIB (for example, active VOIP calls of a Telephony server). Remote server needs SNMP agent configured and running all the time. Information from servers is retrieved in 5 minutes interval, and is stored in *.rrd files. Graphs are designed & displayed using php-rrd library.
Application is linux-based, with ajax WEB GUI based on jquery-ui. Besides main function — monitoring, it can be used for data backup using rsync.
Application functions are:
- Plotting the Bandwidth/Memory/CPU/Storage utilization;
- Zoom graphs from 10 minutes till 1 year;
- Selecting custom period (last month, past three weeks, certain day);
- Retrieving server information (hardware, installed software, running processes);
- Monitoring server up-time;
- Measuring ping response time from server;
- Periodical files backup, keeping several backup versions;
- Organizing WEB access to backupped files for user;
- Users ACL list (every user can see only his monitored server(s), assigned by administrator);
- Bandwidth usage alert (send email once the network interface of the remote server reaches the specified traffic limit);
- Grouping graphs on a separate page.